RockNet, the Headquarters of the RAF Regiment Network

Surrogate home to the Rock Ape and the tradesmen who support them.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Northern Ireland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 am 
Crow

How come there is nothing about the Regiment Squadron's tours in Northern Ireland? I had four tours there, three with 16 Field Squadron when we were stationed a RAF Catterick. We went to RAF Aldergrove in 69 to guard a stupid pumping station (rifles but no ammo) then to Enniskillen at the TAVR Drill hall doing border helicopter patrols and also doing mobile road blocks. My next tour in Nr Ireland was in Londonderry stationed at HMS Sea Eagle. The last time was 72 when we were sent from RAF Gutersloh when I was with 26 LLAD Squadron at Gutersloh. I guess they were right when we were called the forgotten army. I guess our Northern Ireland times don't count?? :snipe:

Post subject: Re: Northern Ireland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:33 pm 
Rock Ape
Wing Commander

Welcome to Rocknet, I hope that you will continue to post and join in the banter, we don't take too much very seriously. Be prepared to have the piss ripped out of you, I can guarantee you will think that you are back in the mob sometimes.

As for the Corps work in Operation Banner I would say that the majority of us on here have done a number of tours in NI during the operation and over time there has been many discussions re NI and our role over there. Stay tuned I can assure you that it is not a forgotten subject in this site. :niceone: