RockNet, the Headquarters of the RAF Regiment Network

Surrogate home to the Rock Ape and the tradesmen who support them.
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Swearing helps many people better tolerate pain.
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm 
Rock Ape
Flight Lieutenant

Aussie Bill1 wrote:
Language please Airwin, remember our delicate disposition.

OK Bill. I am taking a leaf out of your book if about to utter an insult (or keep the Mrs happy) have mastered the art of breathing through my ears! :niceone:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm 
Rock Ape
Flight Lieutenant

Working in corporate America as Ginge can attest to you have to be very careful about using swear words as some people are easily offended and will report you and some are just looking to make money from the company so will sue for hurting their feelings. This forces me to make up for it in the pub over the weekend where every second word is swearing.

I must admit though to not liking women who swear. My wife or daughter would never swear in front of me because they know I hate it, sexist?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:16 am 
Rock Ape
Squadron Leader

No Shuggie..they just Know how to express themselves in Ango -Saxon.As well as you Do ! :niceone: ...I dont like foul-mouth stuff from femails either .. What I Fucked Up Again ??? :lol: ... Insolent cunt..Fuck You ,and if you FuckingSwear at me like that ever again , your sweet fanny will be out of here faster than your Fucking gob can take it !! ( A Tedious discussion ) :lol: . Just saying :lol: .. chopper.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 am 
Rock Ape
Flight Lieutenant

AmigaNut wrote:
Hi,

See http://www.menshealth.co.uk/healthy/str ... od-for-you

"Swearing helps many people better tolerate pain. So you can use profanity to sledgehammer through the wall during a marathon

Isn't swearing wonderful? To my mind it fucking is. The act of swearing, the summoning of words that are strangely imbued with a delicious potency, is both a force to be reckoned with and a joy to be had. In conversation it sharpens the point and intensifies the argument. In moments of ecstasy it punctuates the climax. Swearing has psychological properties too, having the power to both generate physical energy and alleviate anguish. Easy, egalitarian, effective - really, what's not to like?

In bygone years, salty language brought `forbidden' ideas to mind. Take a wank, for example, or a fuck. These are deliciously coarse words used to describe activities that, while entirely normal, we nevertheless still like to see happen behind closed doors. The history of swearing is, of course, deeply entwined with that of the Church, where to take the Lord's sobriquet in vain is/was a punishable taboo. Speaking as one whose mother named him after The Pope, none of this is lost on me.

The original John-Paul taught me all about blasphemy, that strange concept whereby certain words are permissible unless repeated in the wrong context. I grew up knowing that to utter the words "Jesus Christ" in a fit of pique was a very bad thing, not mention throwing the odd "fucking" in there for good measure. Which, of course, made me love it all the more"

Good Heavens !

Regards, Mick. D.

What a load of f*****g Bo***s, these t***s don't know what the f**k they are f*****g talking about,
Coatsy2033.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am 
Rock Ape
Wing Commander

Why don't you all just fuck off, mob of c##%s :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: